Black sesame roll recipe is a cold Chinese dim sum dessert. It is sweet and the texture is smooth and soft.
The main ingredients of black sesame roll is a thin layer of steamed black sesame paste, after it dry eventually form a sheet, then refrigerated and then individually rolled up into a sesame roll.
- 11oz. black sesame paste
- 9oz. water-chestnut flour
- 400ml water
- 2.5 oz. granulate sugar
- Peanut or olive oil
- Prepare sugar mixture for black sesame roll first. Mix sugar with 200 ml water and heat it until dissolved. The best way is to heated above boiling water.
- Measure 250g water-chestnut flour.
- Add the remaining 200ml clean water, stirring around until well dissolved with water.
- Prepared black sesame paste, then set aside in a big container.
- Add the paste with water-chestnut flour mixture in the container.
- Continue stirring until they are well mixed and become sticky.
- Pour sugar mixture back to the container.
- Repeat the process until well whisked.
- Brush the stain-less sheet with some peanut oil and heat it hot in water.
- Pour black sesame roll paste overall the sheet smoothly, then steamed for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove sheet and let it chill, the last step is to roll black sesame rolls up like the picture shows, served as dessert after meal!