Beef and onion stir fry recipe, easy and fast to make, prepared with marinated flank steak and onion, all tossed in the wok, and seasoned with oyster sauce mixture.
For a more distinctive and savory dish, I would recommend Chinese Sha Cha Beef which is a great dish to serve with rice and noodles.
- 1/2 lb. lean beef/flank steak
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tbsp cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cut beef across the grain into thin strips, marinate with marinade ingredients for 30 minutes for this beef and onion stir fry recipe.
- While the meat piece is marinating, peel onion and slice diagonally into thin pieces, and measure out sauce ingredients.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat it to medium heat; add oil and meat pieces, lay it flat for 30 seconds, and stir to separate the pieces.
- Combine together the onion pieces; stir fry at high heat for 3-5 minute until they are transparent and crispy tender.
- Drizzle down dash of water into wok and mix in soy sauce and sugar, stir quickly to make everything is completely blended.
- Season the beef and onion stir fry recipe with salt and pepper, make a taste test before serving if desire. Remove and serve hot!