Beef meatball congee is a type of rice porridge popular in many Asian countries. It could be eaten as plain and with additional ingredients added for extra flavor. You can have an easy start from Cantonese Pork Congee recipe.
- 3 oz. long grain rice
- 5 oz. ground beef
- 1 tbsp Chinese dried mushroom, soften
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp green onion, ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 1/4 tsp Szechuan peppercorns oil, optional
- Coriander/green onions for garnishing
- Salt for taste, as needed
- Ground/chop beef and Chinese dried mushrooms (soften), mix in ginger and green onion for beef meatball congee recipe.
- Whisk meat mixture with all sauce ingredients completely and marinate for about 30 minutes. Then roll them into meatballs.
- In a soup pot or wok, add enough water and bring into a boil. Add meatballs and cook at medium-high heat until floated up.
- In a crock pot, add rice and water, bring into a boil. Simmer at medium heat until rice is expanded (10 minutes). Add meatballs.
- Stir constantly and continue cook for another 8-10 minutes until the rice is sticky enough as you wanted, stir in green onions.
- Garnish beef meatball congee with green onion, and make a taste test, adjust the seasoning if desired. Serve hot!