Beef chow ho fun is a staple Cantonese dish in Chinese food. “ho fun” is a wet and wide rice noodles, often boiled in soup or stir fried with vegetables and meat, if you are a fan of Chinese spicy food, check Spicy Beef Ho Fun to learn more.
- 10 oz. ho fun
- 3-4 oz. beef tenderloin
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 slices ginger
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 quart carrot
- 1/2 quart bean sprouts
- Peanut oil for stir frying
- Cut beef across the grain into thin pieces, mix with marinade ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Rinse carrot and peel, slice diagonally to thin strips. Remove hard steams of bean sprouts, set them aside.
- Heat a wok to hot at high heat with 3 tbsp oil, add beef and blanch it by letting it lay flat for 30 – 40 seconds.
- Stir constantly to separate the pieces, continue cook for 3-5 minutes until meat color changed and blood is clean.
- Shake ho fun noodles with you hand to separate the pieces, add it to wok with meat, stir around with chopsticks.
- Stir in oyster sauce and dash of water (if desired), whisk until ho fun noodles was well coated with sauce.
- Combine together the carrot strips into wok with all ingredients; stir around for about 1 minute until tender.
- Add bean sprouts together; stirring around until the veggie is tender, make a taste test, adjust the seasonings.
- Transfer beef chow ho fun recipe, make it for 2 serves and enjoy hot with soups.