Beef chow fun recipe is a staple in Cantonese cuisine, prepared with wide and flat noodles. Feel free to change the meat you have on hand, you may also want to know Chicken Chow Fun that uses the thin and long Mei Fun noodles.
- 5 oz. chow fun noodles (ho fun)
- 3 oz. lean beef
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 stalks green onion
- 1/5 tsp salt
- Peanut oil for frying
- Cut meat across the grain into bite-size pieces for beef chow fun recipe. Cut peppers into rings.
- Heat a wok or sauté pan to medium at low heat with oil, stir in meat and cook until color changed.
- Turn heat to medium; add the rice noodles, use chopsticks or fork to mix them well. Stir in soy sauce.
- Combine together pepper rings; continue stirring constantly until the peppers are tender, fragrant.
- Sprinkle green onions on the top, well tossed and stir in salt for taste, make a taste test if desired.
- Remove this Chinese beef chow ho fun recipe and serve it hot as main dish with stir fry vegetables.
Feel free to add mung bean sprouts or Chinese green vegetables if desired.