Beef chow fun noodles recipe is prepared with the wide and slippery ho fun noodles, marinate steak and broccoli, check another Beef Chow Fun recipe with photo instructions to learn more about Chinese noodles food. For a vegetarian see How to Make Chow Fun Noodles recipe that uses the thin and long rice vermicelli.
- 1 pound ho fun
- 8oz. beef steak
- 1/2 lb. broccoli
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3 slices ginger root, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 chili paste, optional
- Canola/peanut oil for frying
- Measure out ho fun noodles for this beef chow fun recipes.
- Rinse beef, pat dry and cut across the grain into thin strips, 1 inch long and 1/4 inch thick. Whisk together with light soy sauce, cooking wine and cornstarch, marinate for 20 minute.
- Remove the hard stems of broccoli, sliced diagonally into equal sections. Rinse under running water.
- Heat wok to medium high heat with 1 tbsp canola oil, add ginger and garlic, and stir fry 5 seconds until aromatic.
- Combine together in one layer, Blanch the beef by letting it lay flat for 10 seconds, and then stirring to separate the pieces. Cook for 2-3 minute until nearly cooked, remove.
- Reheat wok to hot with 1 tbsp cooking oil, stir in broccoli cook until limp and dark green.
- Push the vegetable aside of wok, add together ho fun, use the long chopsticks or forks to stirring fast until well combined.
- Re-add beef back to wok, well tossed with other ingredients at medium heat.
- Stir in oyster sauce and chili paste, stirring fast until well blended with all.
- Make a taste test, stir in salt if desired, transfer and serve hot.