This beef and broccoli lo mein recipe is an easy and fast take-out Chinese food for busy days. It saves a lot time by useing the grilled/stewed steak, and then tosses around with fried vegetable and boiled noodles. Check How to Make Broccoli Lo Mein for a vegetarian version recipe.
- 3 1/2 oz. roast beef steak
- 7 oz. rice noodles, or as needed
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 oz. broccoli
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup beef/chicken broth
- 2 tsp light soy sauce, optional
- Salt and white pepper powder for taste
- 1 tbsp peanut oil for frying
- Boil rice noodles in a medium saucepan with salted water until tender, remove and mix around with sesame oil, set aside.
- Rinse veggies, drained and slice carrot into thin rings, remove hard stems of broccoli and separate the floret into pieces.
- Cut the steak across the grain into about 1 1/2 inch long and 1 inch wide small pieces with a sharp knife, set aside before stirring.
- Heat a wok or heavy skillet over medium high to high heat with peanut oil, add veggies and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Combine together beef steak, stir around until well mixed with other ingredients pour broth into wok, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste and season stir fry beef with light soy sauce, salt and pepper powder if desired, remove and serve it hot with rice noodles.