Beef and bean sprouts is prepared with marinated lean beef and fresh black bean sprouts, stir fry in the wok with ginger, and oyster sauce mixture.
- 1 lb. bean sprouts
- 7oz. lean beef/flank steak
- 3 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- A pinch of pepper powder
- 2 scallions
- 5-8 slices gingerroot
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Wash and drain the bean sprouts, trimming the ends. Set aside before use.
- Cut the steak across the grain into thin strips 1 ? – 2 inches long, whisk together with cornstarch, soy sauce, pepper powder and oyster sauce, marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil to medium-high heat in the preheat frying pan, stir in marinated beef.
- Blanch the beef by letting it lay flat for 30 – 40 seconds, and then stirring to separate the pieces. Remove the beef when it changes color and is nearly cooked.
- Reheat wok, add remaining olive oil and heat to high heat, stir in ginger and scallion briefly until fragrant.
- Add drained bean sprouts, whisk around over high heat.
- Cook until soften and shrivel, mix in salt, sugar and a pinch of pepper powder, completely combined.
- Re-add beef back to wok, stirring around.
- Cook until all ingredients are well blended and coated with sauces.