Easy and flavorful beef and okra stew recipe, prepared with stewed beef and fresh vegetable, if you are looking for a quick dish, Chinese Pork Okra Stir Fry is right for you.
- 5 oz. okra pods
- 10 oz. beef sirloin
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/5 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp basil, as needed
- 2 tbsp canola oil for frying
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt for taste
- Fresh ground black pepper for taste
- Rinse beef, pat it dry and cut across the grain into thin pieces for this beef and okra stew recipe.
- Mix meat with marinade ingredients, whisk well with your hands and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cut off ends of okra pods, Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes, remove and slice into 1/2 inch round.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat with oil, add meat and stir to separate pieces for 2-3 minutes, remove.
- Pour chicken broth into the pan, bring it into boil, and add beef and vegetable, simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Season beef and okra stew recipe with salt and ground pepper, make a taste before serving if desired.