Chinese authentic lo mein recipe, made with soft egg noodles and tossed with a sauce made from soy sauce, sesame paste and other seasonings, for an added flavor mein recipe, see how to make Chinese lo mein.
- 1/2 lb. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- 3 oz. mung bean sprouts
- 3 oz. cucumber
- 2 oz. carrot
- 2 tbsp sesame paste
- 1-2 tbsp warm water
- 4 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rive vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp green onion
- 2 tsp soy sauce for seasoning
- The main ingredients we will need to make this authentic lo men recipe.
- Rinse bean sprouts under running water, and blanch in pot until tender.
- In the same pot, add carrot strips, heat it back and blanch until tender.
- Clean cucumber, slice diagonally into thin strips to match other ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve sesame paste with enough water until smooth.
- Combine the remaining sauce ingredients, stir until completely blended.
- In a pot with boiling water, add noodles and cook for 2 minute until soft.
- Remove and set in a big mixing bowl. Add green onion and sauce mixture.
- Mix in soy sauce, whisk around and serve lo mein with veggies combined.