This authentic Chinese chow mein is like the Ham Chow Mein recipe, the difference is the vegetables used and the egg. Both are easy and fast to make at home by you own, the same as the Subgum Chow Mein dish.
- 1o oz. chow mein (soft egg noodles)
- 2 big eggs
- 4 oz. cucumber
- 4 oz. ham/sausage
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp seam oil
- Peanut/canola oil for frying
- Parboil egg noodles for 1-2 minutes until tender, mix with sesame oil for chow mein recipe.
- Beat egg with dash of salt and then scramble in a wok with 1 tsp oil, separate into pieces.
- Reheat the wok hot with oil over low heat; add ham and fry until light brown and fragrant.
- Heat wok to hot with oil, stir in cucumber for 1 minute at medium-low heat, combine noodles.
- Whisk around with chopsticks if possible and mix in sauce ingredients, stir to well blend.
- Add ham and egg back to Chinese chow mein recipe, toss around and taste test before serving.
Cool parboiled noodles under running water before mixing with sesame oil to prevent sticking together.