Authentic Chinese homemade beef and broccoli stir fry recipe is made with the marinated meat and blanched vegetable, all tossed in the wok, flavored with soy sauce.
For a Chinese food fan, another savory and delicious recipe was recommended you try, click Sha Cha Beef to learn more.
- 3/4 pound lean beef
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with
- 1 tbsp water
- 2-3 tbsp vegetables oil
- Rinse broccoli under running water, drain. Cut the stalk diagonally into thin slices. Cut the flowerets into pieces and chop the garlic.
- In a big saucepan with enough water, add dash of salt and sesame oil, combine the broccoli and blanch for a while until dark green, removed.
- Cut the beef across the grain into thin slices. Mix with marinade ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes. Mix sauces in another bowl, set aside.
- Heat the wok to high heat with oil, add garlic, stir fry briefly until aromatic, combine beef, stir fry constantly for 2-3 minutes until is nearly cooked.
- Add broccoli back to wok, stir in sauce mixture, cook 2 more minutes, and give a quick re-stir to cornstarch mixture and pour into the middle of food.
- Stir fast to thicken the sauce. Transfer and serve this Chinese beef and broccoli stir fry recipe hot.