Fresh asparagus turns out tender but still crispy after boiled in hot water, stir fried with lamb strips and sweet taste onion, coated with a flavorful ketchup or chili paste, soy sauce dressing in this quick asparagus stir fry recipe that must make it mouthwatering.
- 8oz. asparagus
- 10 oz. lamb
- 2 red onions
- 5 slices gingerroot
- 1 tsp chili paste/ketchup
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp granulate white sugar
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 roots coriander, chopped
- Peel red onion, sliced into wedges, fried in the wok with 2 tsp oil until softened but not over cooked, remove from wok.
- Rinse asparagus and cut into 2-inch diagonal pieces, stir fry in wok with 1 tsp cooking oil until crispy tender for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from wok, set aside.
- Heat wok to medium heat with 2 tsp oil, turn heat to low, add cumin and ginger slices, stir fry briefly until aromatic.
- Combine together lam, stirring to separate the pieces until color changed.
- Mix in chili paste or ketchup if desired. Well mixed, combine light soy sauce and white sugar until all dissolved in sauces.
- Re-add asparagus and onion to wok with lam, stir fry until all ingredients are completely combined and done.
- Season recipe with salt and pepper powder, garnish with coriander, transfer and serve.